Saturday 12 February 2011

What's gotten into you, friend?

Not long after learning that I might not be able to attend my best buddy getting married this year (which saddened a whole lot of me), I was bewildered by another mind-boggling news - also from another close friend. I was startled to see the wife's alarming shout-out on Facebook yesterday, of the physical abuse she suffered. God, I can never believe what I read. She was angrily swearing claiming the friend of mine to whip her -- using rotan!

I don't know. He was my classmate for three years back in my early college days (yeah, 
I know - that amount isn't sufficient to declare whether we know someone so well) but he was like my brother. We used to travel together from KL-Kuantan and he was the one guarding me - for we normally took midnight fleets. I was there when they got hitched, I became close with her (gf then), joined their dating days, goofed around here and there together (zaman dulu kala), and of course - was so glad when they got married. I mean, they were ideally perfect!

God, I am torn apart between two friends. I have no right at all to pass judgement or meddle with their marital problems, but the things she claimed he did - was beyond thinking! (of which I can never, ever, ever, tolerate that). I wonder what had came through his mind when sepak terajang becomes cara nak release tension. Again, from her words, he was distressed for not having "the freedom" he needs after kawin, with anaks and daily pressures. He demands space and time for him to be with friends. Whoa.. I've been hearing that very same excuse again and again, what is it with men dengan friends nih?? Never heard pulak tok kadi cakap dulu friends should become one of marital priorities. The most stinging part was that - (from what she said) he, claiming to be having every rights to pukul his wife (I know him of having such  hati kering, but hitting a woman..? Come on..).

My goodness, it was so dreadful, I wish none of its scene ever come across my mind.  

Okey.. maybe I've been listening from one party (plus pukul-pukul scene has been my pantang tok nenek since I could ever remember); but the thing is that -- ada banyak lagi cara to settle things - (except leaving someone in total-and-deadly-silence) rather than hurting physically someone you claimed as 'love ones'.

In my mind right now are the faces of their 3 beautiful kids. All I can do is sighing - and pray for the better - for both of them. She, on the other hand, has lodged police report (good for her), but what about my friend..? I mean.. Could he be sick or anything that made him.. not him..? 

But man, not having time to spend with friends IS NOT A PROBLEM okey.. believe me. We, women have sacrificed that (together with our hair-do's, girls night out, masseurs sessions etc.) way looong ago - when we vowed to share life with you guys. If there's anything that we do that didn't make you happy - then let it out, speak up, or.. just let us go.

Intann : Well, friend, hang in there. I am deeply sorry for whatever you've been through.. I wish you well. Sigh.


xx  DreamSnugger  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment